Defensive Concealed Handgun
OPEN ENROLLMENT. NO TRAINING PREREQUISITE.
AVAILABLE AT ALL LOCATIONS AND MOBILE CLASSES.
This is a two day concealed handgun class aimed at defense against active shooter scenarios. This class will start at the basics of carry and safe operation of the concealed handgun, and progress to self-defense scenarios. We offer classes at the VTC, Romney WV, or remote private classes at your location – see below.
- Introductions and background
- Gear Inspection
- Tips for concealed carry
- Drawing handgun from concealment
- Tactical reload and emergency reload
- Malfunction Drills
- Standing, kneeling, prone positions
- Dominant hand drills(draw, reload and malfunction)
- Support hand drills(draw, reload and malfunction)
- Draw from seated position
- Balloon drills
- Scenarios: including airsoft, tueller drill etc.
- Service sized handgun (9MM, .40S&W, .357Sig, .45ACP, .38SPL) Revolvers will be allowed provided that they are double action with swing out cylinders with at least a 3″ bbl length.
- NO Single Action Revolvers, NO pocket guns.
- Quality Holster that fits the handgun and is concealable. IWB (inside the waistband) or OWB (outside the waistband).
- No nylon sack holsters, No SERPAs, No AIWB-appendix inside the waistband.
- Any holster that you have to use your trigger finger to unlock to draw the pistol is banned from use.
- Quality magazine pouches (ability to carry at least two(2) magazines/3 speed loaders on your belt).
- Double stack 6
- Single stack 10
- Speed Loaders 8
- Sturdy belt
- 800 Rounds
- Electronic ear pro
- Eye pro (No eye pro, no shooting)
- Long pants (cargo style suggested, the pockets may come in handy)
- No low cut shirts
- Concealment clothing (no open carry)
- Closed toe shoes
- Shooting gloves
- Season appropriate outer wear (Cold weather/wet weather)
- Note taking material (Pen and Paper)
- One (1) balloon
- Cleaning kit
- Range bag
- Water container (Nalgene bottle, canteen, Camel Back etc.)
- Camp style folding chair (No chairs available for lectures and breaks)
Additional Suggested Equipment:
- Spare Handgun (In case yours goes down, no rental guns available)
- Knee pads
- Sharpie marker
- Blue Gun (model of your gun)
The class primary instructor will be Scott (‘First Sergeant’). BIO Page HERE.
Gear & equipment questions: Speak to Scott directly on the MVT FORUM HERE to have your questions answered. You will require a quality inside or outside the waistband concealable holster for your chosen handgun.
Cost: $450 per person.
Class max: 10 students.
‘Student Review: Defensive Concealed Handgun (Private – VA): Eddie.‘