I am going to make some changes to the way we run the FoF Team Tactics and also the Rifleman Challenge. The reasons for this are numbers, plain and simple – with the prerequisite of Combat Team Tactics (CTT) as the gateway to the more advanced live fire classes, the pool of CTT graduates is relatively small. CTT is an excellent class and will not change from its current evolution. It will also remain as an essential gateway to more advanced live fire classes such as Combat Patrol (CP) and the MVT Rifleman Challenge.
I also want to offer more opportunity for people to come and experience MVT and the VTC training facility, in particular those who are nervous of live fire tactical classes. The area in which we have flexibility for this is UTM force on force ammunition. The FoF Team Tactics weekends are a raging success, but of course they are best run full with 16 students, and the more frequently I run them, the quicker I run out of actively training CTT alumni who can spare the time and treasure to train that much.
This is what I am going to do:
1) The MVT Rifleman Challenge (RC) will be run every two years. The event this November will be cancelled and pushed back to a date TBD in 2017.
2) I will introduce an event that will be an ‘MVT Run n Gun.’ This will be a morning event around the hills of the VTC, including a couple of shooting stations and finishing with the shoot from the RC. This will be:
3) We will take the live fire CQB training that we did at the end of the RC, and flip it to a UTM event the afternoon of the Run n Gun. This will be:
*Note: AR 5.56 rifles only, due to the specs on the UTM bolts/ammo.
4) FoF Team Tactics will remain as a 2 day event and will be open to all comers. This will make it interesting, as CTT alumni will go up against others with different levels of training. There is only room for rehearsal, not specific training on these classes, so non CTT grads will either sink or swim, but everyone will learn a lot. I hope that those who are not CTT graduates will get a taste to come back for the CTT class, and thus enter the live fire progression.
5) The plan will therefore be to run the Run n Gun and CQB events on the Friday, and follow it up with the standard 2 day FoF Team Tactics over the weekend.
6) FoF Team Tactics will remain an excellent class for CTT grads, and most likely a wake up for non-alumni.
Likely questions and answers:
If you are planning on any of the FoF training events, please check out the FoF page HERE and the authorized protective gear – purchase the cheap ($12) metal mesh face shield and neck protector as recommended. Wear with approved ballistic googles and either a Kevlar or bump helmet.
**Note UTM ammo works out at a cost of 80 cents per round. You do not require to purchase live fire ammo and thus the training ammo cost is somewhat offset.
Max Velocity Tactical is on the leading edge of immersive, scenario based, tactical live fire and force on force training. Teaching combat proven, adapted, Special Operations / light infantry tactics.